en Français    en Español
About Canada
Costs ($)
Getting a Visa
Student Services
Guide Countries that Require a Study Permit Work and Study FAQ
Select a new school type and then click Go.
-- or --

Advanced Search

* Not sure what school type to select? Click here.  

Receive more information about Canadian Education, register now.


Getting Your Visa to Study in Canada

Depending on your country of origin and the type and length of study, you may require:
?/FONT> A temporary resident visa
?/FONT> A study permit
?/FONT> For Quebec-bound students, a CAQ (Quebec Application Certificate)

The type of documentation required depends on your country of origin, the program you are taking, and the length of your study:
?Any study program of up to six months: no study permit is required
?/FONT> Programs longer than six months require a study permit

If you will be studying in a program of six months or less, but think you may continue your studies in another program after this short-term program is completed, you should apply for a study permit before you come to Canada. If you do not have a valid study permit and wish to continue your studies, you will have to leave Canada in order to apply for one.

NOTE: A temporary resident visa may be required depending on your country of origin. Please see the list of countries that require a temporary resident visa as provided by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
More information on the process of applying for a study permit is available on Citizenship and Immigration Canada's web site.

Learn More About Canada: Guide ?/FONT>